TNSAR is looking for any pictures you may have taken before, during, or after The Great Ski Race. Please contact us!
The following pictures were taken by individuals who have provided copies or links to thegreatskirace.com. TNSAR appreciates their generosity, and we request that you respect their efforts by providing acknowledgement for any photos downloaded, which should only be used for personal use (all photos are copyright protected). Thank you!
- Pictures from Mark Nadell
- Pictures from Kenny Blum Photography
- Online article about the race in the Reno Gazette
- Online article about the race in the Sierra Sun
- Online article about the race in fasterskier.com.
- Pictures from Dave Zwick
- Pictures from Jon Joubert
- Snowfest pictures from Scott Schroepfer
- Pictures by John Gerbino, from the start and finish.
- Pictures by Jon Joubert, of local students queued up in Wave 5 at the start and at the awards ceremony.
- Pictures by Scott Schroepfer and others of many of the 2009 volunteers and local high school kids.
- Pictures by Ken Hitchner, of racers taken after the start of the race but still in the Nordic Center.
- Pictures by Donna Reid, from Soup Station 2.
- More pictures from Soup Station 2.
- Pictures from Tim Hauserman, perched at the Fibreboard Freeway.
- Images from the Rockwells, at various times of race day.
- Pictures from the Snowfest Parade.
- Pictures from Soup Station #2.
- Pictures from Tim Hauserman, perched at the Fibreboard Freeway. To purchase Tim’s books The Tahoe Rim Trail or Monsters in the Woods: Backpacking with Children, go to timstahoeadventures.com.
- Soup Station #2 pictures from Kim Vail and Ray O’Brien.
- Finish line pictures from TNSAR Director at Large Gerald Rockwell.
- Pictures from spectator Stacey Carr.
- By a boot, Iverson hits finish first in Great Ski Race, by Sylas Wright of the Sierra Sun (check out the finish line picture!)
- (no pictures) Enjoying a Sunday of Great Ski Racing by Emma Garrard of the Sierra Sun.
- Pictures by Tim Hauserman from the Nordic Center/Fiberboard Freeway crossing.
- Pictures by Olof Carmel.
- Pictures of the winners by Russell Reid.
- Pictures by race announcer Dave Fenimore.
- Pictures of the pre-race bag stuffing and from Soup Station #2 by Brian York.
- Pictures by the Rockwell’s.
- A plethora of pictures at the finish by Steve Matson (20 web pages of 30 pictures each, with photos of most finishers under 2.5 hours in chronological order).
Check out photos from the starting line, all complimentary of Court Leve, photographer for the Tahoe World. Thanks Court!
- Pre-Race photos.
- 1st Wave photos.
- 2nd Wave photos.
- 3rd Wave photos.
- 4th Wave photos.
- 5th Wave photos.
- 6th Wave photos.
Next, some pictures of the lead racers from Toni Rockwell and the Cheerleaders, as well as Soup Station 2 pictures from Ray O’Brien.